ID: A clip from the classic Merrie Melodies short Duck Amuck plays, in which it starts with a white background. Daffy Duck pokes his head in from the right side of the screen and asks the animator where "the scenery" is. Daffy soon disappears to make way for a giant paintbrush, which then "paints" the ID, which consists of the Warner Home Video logo resting on a cloudy sky background, with the text "COMING SOON FROM" arched in gold above it, onto the screen.
FX/SFX: The clip of Duck Amuck, the paintbrush "painting" the ID onto the screen, the moving cloud background of the WHV ID. Very nice integration of the animated clip with the ID here.
Music/Sounds: The audio from Duck Amuck, which consists of Daffy Duck (voiced by the legendary Mel Blanc) beckoning and then asking the artist where the scenery (which in this instance is the ID) is. The dialogue is accompanied by a flute tune that starts out timidly but then blossoms into a whimsical tone.
Availability: Extremely rare. It can be found only on the 2000 VHS tapes of My Dog Skip and Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders.
Editor's Note: None.
ID: We fade into a scene from the Tom and Jerry short Salt Water Tabby, in which Tom, wearing a bathing suit, is chasing Jerry on a beach. Jerry gets on a beach umbrella and presses it's "close" button, causing it to get Tom stuck inside of it. The short then cuts to where Jerry manages to make a green crab run into a legging of Tom's bathing suit before fleeing the scene. The green crab attacks Tom's bum, causing him to jump into the air, with him and the umbrella landing in a vertical upside-down position. It then cuts a hole in the seat of his bathing suit, and as it jumps out, the ID is revealed and fills up the screen.
FX/SFX: The scene of Salt Water Tabby, the WHV ID spliced into the clip that expands to fill the screen, the moving cloud background of the WHV ID.
Music/Sounds: Just the audio of the short, which is accompanied by the jazzy stock end-of-short music used at the end of some Tom and Jerry cartoons for when the hole in Tom's bathing suit opens up.
Availability: Rare. It can be found on VHS tapes of Scooby Doo's Creepiest Capers, Bugs Bunny's Halloween Hijinks and the 2000 print of The Goonies. Supposedly, it makes a surprise appearance on the DVD of LeapFrog: Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory.
Editor's Note: The ID being inside Tom's bum seems a little bit ridiculous.
ID: The 1980-1986 Warner Home Video logo animates, however afterwards a diamond wipe reveals the words "COMING SOON", which are sandwiched between two lines.
FX/SFX: The logo animating, then wiping.
Availability: Extremely rare. It was exclusively used in UK.
Editor's Note: Viewers may not be expecting the wipe after the logo animation and may be surprised.
ID: The 1980-1985 Warner Home Video logo animates, but then it fades to the blue words "COMING SOON" sandwhiched between two blue lines, on a white background.
Variant: A variant has the 1980-1985 WHV logo fade out, then a blue screen saying in cursive: "At Home with the Hits" with the words "PREVIEW ATTRACTION".
FX/SFX: The logo animating, the cross-fading.
Availability: Seen on the UK rental VHS tapes of Gremlins and The NeverEnding Story. The alternate variant was only used in Australia.
Editor's Note: The animation can get to some.
ID: The 1985-1997 Warner Home Video logo animates, but then it splits in half, revealing the same thing as before, except the text is in a plain font instead of a typewriter font, and the text and the lines are yellow and on a teal background. The words shine.
- A variant has the logo fading to a different coming attraction screen instead of splitting, which has a different sky background that zooms out. The cursive words "At Home With The Hits", with the words "PREVIEW ATTRACTIONS" sandwiched by four lines (two large, and two small) below them, fade in and zoom in slightly, before settling.
- Early 1988 tapes such as the UK rental of Superman IV have the 3D image rotating and flipping to the three-minute coming attraction promo.
- A similar thing was shown on the UK release of Little Shop of Horrors where it fades to the prototype one (minus Warner Communications byline), then the image rotates and continues.
- The same thing happened on 1988-89 tapes such as The Lost Boys where it has yellow circles that flash out "COMING SOON" after flipping.
- On 1989-90 tapes, yellow circles rotate and cut to the words "COMING SOON".
- Standard variant: The logo animating, and then splitting in half to reveal the coming attraction screen, along with the words shining.
- Other variant: The logo animating, and then fading to the coming attraction screen, with the sky background zooming out, and the words fading in and zooming in slightly, before settling.
Music/Sounds: The logo's music. The coming attraction screen is silent.
Availability: The standard variant is seen on the UK rental releases of Police Academy 2 and Lost in America. The other variant was only seen in Australia.
Editor's Note: Those who are scared of the logo may be scared by it and its animation, but the splitting/fading of it and the coming attraction screen are not that bad.
ID: On a blue background, we see the words "COMING SOON" appear via a residue trailing effect.
Variant: In its later months, the 1985-1997 Warner Home Video logo appears, but it fades to a blue screen with the words "COMING SOON" in gold.
FX/SFX: The trailing.
Availability: Seen on the UK VHS tapes of Driving Miss Daisy and Police Academy 6. The second variant is seen on the UK VHS of The Delinquents.
Editor's Note: None.
ID: On a blue screen, we see the line and the words "COMING" on top and the words "SOON" and the line at the bottom zooming in and sliding.
- In its early years, the 1985-1997 Warner Home Video logo fades to the ID.
- In its later years, the text fades in.
FX/SFX: The sliding.
Availability: Seen on 1990s UK rental VHS releases from Warner Home Video.
Editor's Note: None.
ID: On a black background, we see either of these texts:
- Available to Own Now on Video and DVD
- Coming Soon on Video & DVD
- Look Out for More Series 7 from July
- COMING SOON TO BUY OR RENT ON VIDEO & DVD
- Coming Soon on DVD & Video
Availability: Seen on the final United Kingdom videotapes from Warner Home Video.
Editor's Note: None.
ID: We see a still picture of the 1997 Warner Home Video logo in a square on a black background. Below it is the orange words "Coming Soon To Rental".
Availability: Extremely rare. Seen on a few Australian WHV VHS releases such as Murder by Numbers￼.￼
Editor's Note: This ID looks way too basic and probably took just a minute to put together.