ID: On the same space background as the MCA Home Video logo, complete with animation, we see the orange text "Other Titles Available From" or "More Programming Available for You From" in a plain Helvetica font, and below it is the MCA Home Video logo, already formed. The ID then fades out.
FX/SFX: The space background.
Availability: Seen on various 1984 MCA Home Video releases with previews.
ID: On a lavender/dark purple gradient background with a slanted MCA/Universal Home Video logo, we see the words "Also Available From MCA/Universal Home Video".
- A dark purple/lavender/dark purple gradient background variant exists with the text in a different font.
- A light blue/dark blue gradient background variant also exists, and like the previous variant, uses a different font.
- On the 1992 VHS release of The People Under the Stairs, the background is gray gradient, the font is slightly thinner, and "Available From" has no capitalization. The background also fades in before the text does.
- On the 1993 VHS releases of The Public Eye, Matinee, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, and Scent of a Woman, the background appears to be solid purple and the text is in the same font as on the light blue/dark blue variant.
- On the 1995 VHS of The Shadow, "Also" is missing.
- A variant exists with a solid purple gradient background and the text reading "Also Available on Home Video."
Availability: Seen on certain MCA/Universal Home Video releases from the era. The first two alternates can be seen on the 1992 VHS of Cape Fear (1991).
ID: On a blue background is the text "COMING FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO" in a yellow Impact font.
Variant: On the 1997 VHS releases of David Lynch's Dune and The Eagle and the Hawk, the text instead reads "ORIGINAL TRAILER."
Availability: Seen on certain Universal Studios Home Video releases from the era.
ID: On a blue spotlight background is one of the following clip-ons in a greenish Copperplate Gothic Bold font:
- FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO
- COMING FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO
- COMING SOON FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO
- AVAILABLE FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO
- COMING (SOON) TO THEATERS
- COMING (SOON) TO VIDEO AND DVD
- COMING (SOON) TO VIDEO
- NOW AVAILABLE (TO OWN) ON VIDEO AND DVD
Availability: Same as the previous bumper.
December 2, 2003-May 4, 2010
ID: On a space background, we see the Universal print logo of the time on the top, with "PREVIEWS" underneath it. Towards the bottom is "YOU MAY ACCESS THE MAIN MENU AT ANYTIME DURING THE FOLLOWING PREVIEWS."
- An early version exists where the bottom text is in the same font as "PREVIEWS" and reads "YOU MAY FAST FORWARD TO MAIN MENU." The color is also more defined.
- On the unrated cut of The 40-Year-Old Virgin, the bumper appears brighter.
Availability: Common. It appears on Universal DVDs of the era containing previews before the movie (with the bizarre exception of Smokin' Aces, which contains previews but not this bumper). The bumper premiered (in its early version) on The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration and was last seen (in its standard version) on Leap Year. Other examples of releases with this bumper:
- Early version (2003-April 2004): Seabiscuit, Johnny English, Lost in Translation, The Cat in the Hat, The Rundown, Love Actually
- Standard version (Later 2004-2009): Knight Rider: Season 1 (first known appearance), Van Helsing, Two Brothers, Cinderella Man, Assault on Precinct 13, The Skeleton Key, The Wedding Date, Pride and Prejudice, Smokey and the Bandit (2006 release), Jarhead, The Break-Up, Hollywoodland, The Good Shepherd, Because I Said So, Breach, Children of Men, Knocked Up, Atonement, Charlie Wilson's War, Leatherheads, Frost/Nixon, Duplicity, Public Enemies, Pirate Radio, It's Complicated
2002-2005 (Coming Soon to Cinemas/In Cinemas Now), 2011-2012 (Unmissable Movies on DVD and Blu-Ray)
Bumper: On a space background, we see a flash appearing in the center. As it brightens, it reveals either: "COMING SOON TO CINEMAS" or "IN CINEMAS NOW". The flash dims as the text zooms in slightly before it suddenly flies off towards the camera.
Variant: On DVDs from 2011-2012, the words "UNMISSABLE MOVIES ON DVD AND BLU-RAY" zoom in slowly before doing the same effect to exit.
FX/SFX: The flash and the text.
Music/Sounds: A very low synth fanfare for the flash, and then a whoosh sound, followed by another slightly fast paced low synth fanfare before another whoosh sound occurs.
Availability: Seen on many DreamWorks and Universal releases from the era. The later variant appears on DVDs such as Paul, Fast & Furious 5, Johnny English Reborn and Hop, among others.
2002-2005 (Rent/Own it Now on Video and DVD)
Bumper: On a space background, we see text reading either "RENT IT NOW ON VIDEO AND DVD" or "OWN IT NOW ON VIDEO AND DVD". Light rays shine on the text from the bottom, again on the top, and around the text.
FX/SFX: The light rays.
Music/Sounds: A drum hit, followed by a low fanfare with a shining sound.
Availability: Seen on many DreamWorks and Universal releases.
2002-2005 (Coming Soon to Own/Rent on Video and DVD)
Bumper: On a slowly zooming in space background, we see a bright flash in the middle of the screen. The words, "COMING SOON" slowly emerge from the flash, before quickly zooming in, leaving the screen. One of the following captions:
- TO RENT ON VIDEO AND DVD
- TO OWN ON VIDEO AND DVD
fades in from behind it, before zooming in extremely fast, leaving just the space background.
FX/SFX: The flash, the text fading in, and zooming in extremely fast.
Music/Sounds: At first, we hear an eerie muffled explosion from the flash with a few whooshes, then a louder one when "COMING SOON" zooms in. When one of the above captions appears, a low pulsing hum can be heard, before we hear the same whoosh when "COMING SOON" zoomed in, when one of the captions zoomed in.
Availability: Very common. Seen on many UK VHS's from Universal and DreamWorks Home Entertainment from the time, including The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, Shrek 2, The Tuxedo, Baise Moi, Johnny English, Shark Tale, 8 Mile, and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, among many others.